Tuesday 24 April 2007

being too religous

I personally am not a religious person, however I respect that other people are deeply religious, which is fine. However I don’t agree with preaching in streets and town, because in today’s society everybody is aware of the different religions and if they are interested about a ‘faith – change’ then they can research and ask people as to how to go about it. However to me, a non religious person, when people preach at me, I find it imposing and annoying because it feels uneasy and forceful.

In my experiences relating to religion I have realised that many people try to impose culture as religion in order to give their thoughts credibility, such as their thoughts over gender or social values.

Heres a artic;e which I think is really good on Islam :

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/book_extracts/article1685726.ece

here is an article on the sikh faith and the decline of one part of the faith :


http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article648044.ece

1 comment:

Viran15 said...

I agree that preaching about religion is wrong. People are born with a faith and if they don't like it they will take that step into finding one they do like. If you believe in soemthing this is fine but don't push it onto people that are trying to do their shopping. Religion is a good thing. I also have respect for people who have alot of faith, i soemtimes wish i had more.